Ministry of Forests, lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
This position can be performed from any of the following locations: 100 Mile House, Alexis Creek, Quesnel and Williams Lake.
Wildfire Prevention Officer
$61,665.45 - $70,367.02 annually
The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is a unique program of government tasked with the responsibility of preventing and managing wildfire on the landscape. With a workforce of approximately 1600 the program’s staff are dedicated to undertaking the BCWS mandate in delivering effective wildfire management and emergency response support to protect values, while encouraging sustainable, healthy and resilient ecosystems.
This position is responsible for recommending and implementing strategies and provides advice and guidance to enable land managers, stakeholders and staff to achieve prevention objectives in a Fire Centre.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in a field related to forestry, resource management, or equivalent knowledge, plus 2 years recent related experience; or
- Technical diploma in a field related to forestry, resource management, or equivalent knowledge plus 4 years recent related experience; or
- Grade 12 plus 6 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and training.
- Demonstrated experience in program or project management.
- Demonstrated experience working on land and resource management issues.
Preference may be given to applicants with/who are:
- Senior Fireline Certification (i.e. Type 2 or higher) or Incident Commander.
- Registered or eligible to register, within 6 months, with the Association of BC Forest Professionals.
For more information and to apply online by October 31, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/54744