BC Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Williams Lake, BC
Deputy Fire Centre Manager
Salary $73,400.00 - $101,900.00 annually
As stewards of British Columbia’s forest and range resources, the Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development is responsible for ensuring the use of forests to generate economic benefits is balanced with the long-term health and sustainability of the forest and range resources.
A new business emphasis is directed to wildfire management planning, not only suppression. This emphasis is focused on planning to mitigate potential interface and wildfires, using fire to support ecosystem restoration and using modeling/decision support tools for managing risk to the province’s resource values. To meet this objective, there is a renewed commitment on interaction with numerous local government authorities, First Nations communities and other stakeholder interests.
The Deputy Fire Centre Manager supports the business and operational cycles (planning, preparedness, prevention, detection, emergency response, compliance and enforcement, aviation, budget management and cost recoveries) for the regional Fire Centre office and its Fire Zone bases. This position supports and assists with all aspects of the administration of regional Fire Centre human resources and supports risk management practices for the deployment of firefighting operations and capital resources.
Qualifications for this role include:
- University degree or technical diploma in a field related to forestry, resource management/public administration or equivalent knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience in wildfire management or an equivalent natural resources management program.
- Experience in management and supervision of diverse working groups/teams.
- Experience dealing with stakeholder interests and issues management.
- Experience leading and coaching diverse teams.
- Experience in business planning, procurement and financial management.
For more information and to apply online by November 20, 2018, please go to:https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/55535