Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Wildfire Enforcement Superintendent
$69,900.80 - $79,791.25 annually
The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is a unique area of government tasked with the responsibility of preventing, managing and suppressing unwanted wildfire on the landscape. Approximately 1600 field workers - comprising technical experts, strategic thinkers and fire operations staff - are dedicated to undertaking the BCWS mandate in delivering effective wildfire management and emergency response support to protect life and values at risk, encouraging sustainable, healthy and resilient ecosystems.
This position is responsible for overseeing the planning, development and implementation of the provincial wildfire origin and cause determination program for the prevention of unwanted wildfire, and engaging with related local, provincial and Federal enforcement agencies.
With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career. Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in a field related to forestry, resource management, public administration, business administration or equivalent knowledge, plus 3 years related experience*; OR,
- Technical diploma in a field related to forestry, resource management or equivalent knowledge, plus 5 years related experience*; OR,
- Grade 12 plus 7 years related experience*; OR,
- An equivalent combination of education, training and related experience* may be considered.
*Related experience is defined as operations management or other disciplines related to natural resource management.
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience in program and/or project management.
- Demonstrated experience working on land and resource management issues.
- Certified Fire Investigator (FINV) with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Preference may be given to candidates with experience administering budgets.
- Valid Class 5 driver licence.
For more information and to apply online by November 12, 2019, please go to:https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/65053
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.