IAAI Spring Seminar - Penticton, BC - May 8th, 2020
Dealing With Fire Investigations Involving Fatalities
Presented by the BC Chapter of the International Association of Arson Investigators Featuring Assistant Fire Chief Ray Bryant, Vancouver Fire Rescue Services
Subject Material and Itinerary:
“I had the opportunity to attend San Luis Obispo in June 2010 for a 40 hour Fatal Fire Investigations Seminar. This included the utilization of 13 flash frozen cadavers in 10 live burn scenarios. This involved a variety of circumstances surrounding the individuals, some were traumatic circumstances and some were accidental fires.
It was the most fascinating course I have ever taken. I would like to share my experiences with other Professional Investigators and help people understand the expected movements and behaviors of a body when it is subjected to heat. This will include a DVD of a live burn, case study and an exam to cover off material.” – Ray Bryant
- Note Course content includes graphic material.
08:30 Coffee provided
09:00 Introduction to the course / Expected body reactions to heat / Blistering, limb and bone exposure to heat / Heating the body as a whole / DVD of a live burn
12:00 --- LUNCH --- BREAK --- (Lunch provided)
13:00 Traumatic injuries / Injuries related to heat / Screening scenes and examining areas
15:00 Case Study/ group interaction and case study/Exam
Ray Bryant Biography:
- Assistant Chief of Fire Prevention and Fire Investigations Vancouver Fire Department.
- Member of Vancouver Fire department for 34 years.
- 20 years in suppression
- 10 years in the Investigation’s Division, 5 years as Captain of Investigations
- Investigated over 1000 fires
- Investigated 23 fatal fires
- Involved in a Provincial Inquest of a triple Fatality in December 2010.
- FPOA Level 1 and 2
- CFEI (Certified Fire Explosives Investigator NAFI)
Location / Cost / Registration:
Penticton Lakeside Resort Conference Room Salon A
21 Lakeshore Dr. W, Penticton, B.C. See attached
Members $95.00 | Non-Members $145.00 | Early Bird Special… save $15 if you book before February 15, 2020
All payable to the City of Penticton – IAAI Spring Seminar