Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General This position can be performed from any of the following communities: Kamloops, Nelson, Prince George, Saanichton, Surrey or Terrace.
Deputy Fire Commissioner $92, 700.24 - $123, 200.20 annually Emergency Management British Columbia (EMBC) is the lead coordinating agency in the provincial government for all emergency management activities.
As a member of the Office of the Fire Commissioner (OFC) Management Leadership Team the Deputy provides leadership to team members who are strategically located throughout the province. The Deputy is responsible for ensuring team members deliver OFC programs and services for fire departments and the public; for the effective application and interpretation of the Fire Services Act and its Regulations and for offering best practice information to support state-of-the-art fire safety practises. To ensure informed and cohesive teamwork and service delivery, the Deputy manages operations and communicates effectively with all team members and stakeholders.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Post-secondary degree (e.g. Public Administration) OR equivalent combination of education and experience as it relates to the development, delivery and evaluation of fire prevention programs.
• Demonstrated supervisory leadership experience in a unionized environment at a senior management level including administering budgets and developing and implementing programs, policy, and legislation.
• Demonstrated experience in project and contract management including delivering projects to completion on time and within budget.
• Experience in operational fire service.
Preference may be given to candidates with:
• 10+ years of overall fire service experience.
Candidates must be able and willing to:
• Must be prepared and capable to travel for undetermined periods at short notice throughout the Province of BC.
• Work on-call and extended hours during emergency activations, including operational deployments across the province.
For more information and to apply online by October 14, 2021, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/80674